Thursday, August 19, 2010

Healthy Mission Practices


If your life and ministry is anything like mine it is likely that you are constantly evaluating your ministry and mission practices to insure that the fruits you are producing have a lasting effect that glorifies God and produces true transformation in the lives of people, families, communities and cultures. That is one reason I love to hear from practitioners who are implementing effective ministries and movements. As I listen to the ideas and examine the practices of others I find that I may not totally agree with or be able to apply everything I hear – but I can definitely learn from the experience of those who are faithfully living with their boots on the ground and producing spiritual fruit among unreached cultures. So, today I am sharing with you the first in a series of articles entitled, Healthy Mission Practices. You will be receiving one article at a time from practitioners who wish to share with you the wisdom they have learned.

The first article below is written by Ron Hill. Ron and his wife, Sharon, have served in West Africa for over 30 years with a large sending organization. After retirement, their home church commissioned them to serve in the war-torn nation of Sierra Leone as Senior Leaders of Project Restore Hope: Sierra Leone www.restorehopeproject.org . My prayer is that you learn from Ron some wisdom regarding best practices in a third world context. While he speaks from an African perspective, I think you will find that there is great knowledge to be gained for any cross-cultural setting.

I am praying for you as you read Ron’s words below.

Together in the Kingdom,
Cindy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home